We are pleased to announce that Jerry Palmer is joining our distinguished panel of arbitrators and mediators, based out of Topeka, Kansas.
Jerry Palmer specializes in mediation of complicated business disputes, construction disputes, medical malpractice, and product liability. Other areas of expertise include defamation, professional liability, explosion and property damage claims, disability insurance, partnership dissolution, employment and contract issues, and general tort. Having resolved hundreds of complex disputes, Jerry also lectures in both professional and academic forums on the subject of mediation. He has mediated over 2,000 cases.
Drawing mediation expertise from 40 years of litigation experience representing both plaintiff’s and defendant’s viewpoints, Jerry is recognized by the U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri and is certified by the Kansas Supreme Court as a mediator for core and civil cases.
We wanted to learn more about the man behind the mediator, and we discovered these five fun facts about Jerry:
- His favorite adult beverage is single malt scotch.
- He’s red-green colorblind.
- His favorite sports teams are KU Basketball, Kansas City Chiefs, and the Kansas City Royals.
- His most memorable vacation was a two-week trip with his wife to Tanzania in 2012, where they stayed mostly in tents and saw animals in the wild during the Great Migration.
- He collects crystals, fossils, and lithic materials, such as arrowheads.
Jerry is proud of the fact that he was the first person certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a trial advocate in 1980 and eventually went on to serve as the president of ATLA. Jerry’s personal mantra, that he also references during mediations is that perfect should never become the enemy of good.